My Name is Debbie Hannifan, your candidate for Polk County Supervisor of Elections. As a lifelong Polk Countian, and over fifteen years of active participation in the elections process, I’ve made the decision to enter the race to serve you, my neighbors and friends. I am running because I believe election integrity matters. More than ever, your vote matters. It is my mission to ensure safe, secure, legal, and efficient elections for all Polk County residents to effectively choose their elected officials.
I had my first taste of campaign work as a teenager when my Dad ran for Lakeland City Commission. Being raised in a home where community involvement was expected and conservative entrepreneurial principles were revered, I bring a unique mix of political and business acumen and servant leadership to any role in which I serve. In business and on the campaign trail, my diverse experience and passion for excellence makes me the best candidate for change!
I have extensive experience in grassroots election work, candidate education, Get Out the Vote initiatives, election day operations, and canvassing board oversight. Through these experiences we have discovered serious deficiencies that need immediate attention:
- Voter fraud
- Voter registration irregularities
- Polling locations refusal to follow election law
- Unfair voter practices
- Not enough ballots/materials on election day
- Long lines at the polls
As your Supervisor of Elections, I will safeguard Polk County elections by:
- Investigate elections fraud
- Ensure accurate voter rolls by actively scrubbing the registration database to remove deceased voters and felons
- Accurately forecast and properly allocate equipment, ballots/materials, and staff for improved in-person voting
- Enhance the experience of every voter by improving the web-site and voter convenience
It’s a new decade and the state of our union calls for new leadership. We need a fresh perspective. We need to provide the education and information that will restore the confidence voters want in order to participate. We need efficient, fair, and accurate elections. We need to protect the integrity of the vote!
It would my greatest honor and privilege to serve as your next Supervisor of Elections and I hope to earn your vote on August 18, 2020.